ABOUT THIS GAME
Lake of Voices is a story that forces you to accept that there’s no perfect way to handle dire times and asks you to decide what, and who, is going to be sacrificed.
- 88,000 words
- Full English voice acting
- Multiple endings with variations
- Decide who you’ll protect and who will be left behind in the dark
- Timed choices. Make split second actions or determine that standing by is for the best
- The option to develop a close relationship with anyone in your traveling party
- A haunting, piano based soundtrack
- Silly unlockable bonus events
Anyone can be saved, but not everyone can be.
Kikka the Steadfast is a sensitive and empathetic woman who uses a mask of stoicism to protect herself from the harsh world she lives in. Much of everything she’s done has been an attempt to find some semblance of security, including the career path she chose to pursue. Kikka works as an official guard for one of the many tiny villages in the region. Her most recent assignment is to travel with fellow guard Bemelle to an allied town that’s been under siege by raiders.
With an ever-present sense of urgency, the two find themselves on the shore of Sinnlos, a cursed lake of black water that is home to the Nixi; twisted creatures who take joy in drowning humans. The two need the assistance of a nameless guide to even attempt to cross the maze of bridges spanning the dark waters. But they are not the only ones seeking passage that night. The guide agrees to lead them all, whilst also giving a warning that a group this large has no chance of making it across whole. Someone will be lost along the way. None of them volunteer to stay behind, regardless. And so the ill-fated journey over the lake of voices begins.
- OS: Windows XP and newer
- Processor: 1Ghz
- Memory: 520 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX or OpenGL compatible card
- Storage: 600 MB available space